Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Trust me...

I'm not sure where to start on this one... Basically I have trust problems with my boyfriend. After about a year it has been really hard for me to fully take that leap of faith and completely trust him. Granted, this hesitation isn't unwarranted: he has a history of cheating. I honestly believe that he has never cheated on me. We lived together over the summer and it was incredible. We had so much fun and co-inhabited really well. When we're apart is when I get worried. He is doing a lot to try and prove to me that he is changed, and that I'm the one who finally changed him. But at the end of the day, I can't help but think 'why me?' He reassures me, and I'm getting there.

That being said, tonight he went out with his office whom are all young guys that are starting out as stock traders. For their Christmas party they went into the city for dinner and drinks....aaaaand the strip club. If any girl tells you that her man going to a strip club doesn't bother her she is flat out lying. Unless she strips. In this case, the situation wasn't really avoidable for him. Basically, he is so heart set on proving to me he's a good guy that he texted me telling me where he was, and that he wasn't that into it and kind of took a back seat while the other guys had their fun. After, he said the guys were all making fun of him chiding that I have him wrapped around my finger.

I'm stuck here. I love that he's proving to me that I'm more of a priority than previous relationships, and it's really helping me trust him. At the same time I want him to have fun with his friends, and now fear that they dislike me because they think I am controlling. I didn't tell him or even ask him to not get involved, he did it himself, for me. What do I do? How can I have my cake and eat it too here? And how can he do the same? I want him to have fun with his friends without them thinking I'm playing puppeteer. HELP!

No comments:

Post a Comment