Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A little poem....

I was searching some other blogs about relationships today. I was looking for ways to make Venus Vs. Mars better: ideas about what to write, layout of the blogs, set up, etc.

I came across this post and absolutely love it. Its a poem, which I think exemplifies my relationship with my amazing girlfriend. It is obviously romantic and cute, but also has little things that her and I do that make me think of her when I read it.


I know I'm in love when ...

Sometimes I just want to look at him.
Touch his cheek with my hand.
Smell his hair
Tug his nose with my fingers.
I caress one eyebrow with my thumb
Admire his tiny ears.
He sits quietly.

Sometimes I just want to look at him;
At the creases in his skin.
Feel the texture of his hair.
Appreciate the pores on his nose
stroke the downy hair on his ear lobes.
And say not a word.

Sometimes I just want to look at him;
I watch how he does things.
The manner in which he places his foot on the ground.
Cradle the marks that life have left.
We are silent.
I want nothing more than his company.

I have a lot of fun with my girlfriend, we are very playful. We like to be active; walks on the beach/boardwalk, walks in the park, go to a corn maze, concerts, movies, dinners, games at our school, etc. But what reading this has proven to me, something which I always knew, is that its not what you're doing, or the money you spend, rather it is the time you are spending and the person that you are spending it with. All I need sometimes is someone whose way with words can share what I feel.


Yes, I know it talks about a boy. And yes I am talking about my girlfriend. Just use your imagination to change the words from he to she :)

No comments:

Post a Comment