Friday, November 5, 2010

Keeping up With the...

I recently watched an episode of Keeping up with the Kardashians, where an old picture of Kim, Kourtney, Khloe, and their father Robert Kardashian(defending attorney at for OJ Simpson) flashed onscreen of them at an awards ceremony. I was astounded. Kim looked COMPLETELY different. She has definitely had plastic surgery on her face. To each his own, usually, but recently, she was in a magazine flaunting how she doesn't need make-up. Give me a break, of course you don't need make-up. I would certainly hope not after the thousands you've invested in fixing your face. Would guys really rather a girl that is completely fake, or someone that has imperfections but is 100% natural? I'm all about being naturally beautiful- and that doesn't mean perfect either.
I am personally going to be under the knife exactly one week from today, because I was in a cheerleading accident in which my nose was broken and the valve allowing airflow in and out collapsed. The surgery in non-cosmetic and covered 100% by my insurance, because not being able to breath out of my nose combined with asthma is no picnic.
That being said, I'm really concerned about people seeing me as "fake" afterward. The surgery is necessary, and my appearance should only change very slightly, in that my nose will assume the way it looked (hopefully!) before the injury.
I'm not a fan of people who alter their appearance because they're not happy with what God gifted them, especially when they flaunt how much prettier they are than everyone else afterward! )cough- heidi pratt- cough! Am I alone here? Just being a girl? Or do guys agree? Or are looks really that important??

3 comments:

  1. Dear Jared & Jess,

    I'm finding your blog entries very interesting but I was wondering how you would feel about both answering this question. "What defines "taking a break" from your significant other?" What should the terms be, why are they set, should there be a set of rules or should it just be totally free? Like should the couple be allowed to hook up, see, or talk to anyone else in the pursuit of seeing what else is out there?

    I thought this would be a good blog to see both your answers. Thank you for taking the time to read and perhaps consider a response.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just read your request and will definitely respond to it within the next few days. As you can see, we haven't posted within the last week because we are both really busy. So, look for a response in a couple of days, either here or as a new topic!

    Thanks so much for the request and comment! It is so nice to have people interacting with us and not just reading! :)

    ReplyDelete